Scheduled Transactions

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:58:00 EDT 2014

On 24 July 2014 03:43, Ronal B Morse <ron at morsehouse.com> wrote:

> The easiest way I've found to do this for my checking account(s) is to
> just go ahead and enter the future transactions into the register with the
> expected date of execution.
>
> On 07/23/2014 10:53 AM, Dwight Raymond wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>> I am running GnuCash 2.6.3 on ubuntu 12.04.
>> I would like to have a projected balance displayed for each scheduled
>> transaction. This would be the current account balance minus/plus a
>> running balance of the scheduled transactions.
>> This could be an added column to the scheduled transactions list if
>> possible.
>> It could also be a report that can be generated, but I have failed in an
>> attempt to generate such a report.
>> Does anyone have a possible solution to my request?
>>
>>  The easiest way I've found to do this for my checking account(s) is to
> just go ahead and enter the future transactions into the register with the
> expected date of execution. You get a bold separator line between current
> and future transactions...makes it easier to see current balance, but the
> last line of the register will show a projected balance after future
> transactions take place.  Not as convenient as using the scheduled
> transaction feature, but it's more important to me to know how much I can
> spend now and still cover outstanding commitments.
>
> RBM

I'm doing the same by creating the Scheduled Transactions 60 days in
advance which gives me a good indication of future balances for the next 2
months.  As you mention with the bold horizontal separator in the
transaction register it's very easy to see the current balance for the
account.  I've also added the Future Minimum column (along with a few
others) to the accounts tab which allows me to tell at a glance if any bank
accounts are likely to drop below $0.00 in that time frame.

Cheers Dave H.