deleting file names

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jul 31 11:58:18 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 30 July 2014 12:40:03 Kim Wood wrote:
> If you search the forum, you will find the following advice from
> Geert:

<snip>

> Well, thanks Geert.  I run a Windows GnuCash environment, and the
> above advice has also been useful in that context too.  Having said
> that, after following the instructions once, life is too short to do
> this twice:)  I have decided that a few file names that are no longer
> relevant in my GnuCash file list is not my most important problem
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kim

Thanks for quoting me ;)

Since this question pops up regularly I had already written a FAQ entry for it as well. See
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_have_deleted_a_gnucash_file_from_my_computer._How_c
an_I_remove_that_file_from_the_File_menu.27s_short_list_.28MRU.29_as_well_.3F

Up until a few minutes ago this faq entry was only for gncuash 2.4 and older. I have just
updated it with the necessary steps to achieve the same on GnuCash 2.6 as well.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about OS X' native preferences format (plists) to detail how
to make the changes on that platform. If someone knows, please add this to the faq item.
Thanks.

Geert