importing invoices

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 06:44:54 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 09:33:36 +1000
Curtis Arnold <curtis at ctae.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using the invoice import feature since it was first introduced
> as a beta option in 2.4.13(?). It has never fully worked as it should and I
> would like to know if anyone else has had better luck with it or if perhaps
> it's a bug I should report?
>
> For my business I generate my invoices elsewhere and I have to then import
> them into Gnucash. I only need to import the total amount (not multiple
> separate line items). I format the invoice details as a .csv and the import
> works very well - to a point. Everything imports perfectly up to the
> handling of taxes and posting. I include for each invoice the "taxable",
> "tax included", "tax Table", "date posted", "date due" and "accumulate
> splits" details but the import ignores them. This means I have to manually
> go into each invoice and set the tax status and then post each invoice.
>
> Does anyone have specific experience with this?
>
> Cheers.
>
> ​Curtis

Hi Curtis

This appears to be a bug.  I just tested this myself with the same result.  Would you file a bug report for this please, https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash

Just to check though, can you include a sample invoice line in the bug report.  Doesn't have to be real data as long as it's a representative sample.

Mike Evans

--
Anti NSA?  Use PGP.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53