importing invoices

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 07:49:47 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 11:44:54 +0100
Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 09:33:36 +1000
> Curtis Arnold <curtis at ctae.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using the invoice import feature since it was first introduced
> > as a beta option in 2.4.13(?). It has never fully worked as it should and I
> > would like to know if anyone else has had better luck with it or if perhaps
> > it's a bug I should report?
> >
> > For my business I generate my invoices elsewhere and I have to then import
> > them into Gnucash. I only need to import the total amount (not multiple
> > separate line items). I format the invoice details as a .csv and the import
> > works very well - to a point. Everything imports perfectly up to the
> > handling of taxes and posting. I include for each invoice the "taxable",
> > "tax included", "tax Table", "date posted", "date due" and "accumulate
> > splits" details but the import ignores them. This means I have to manually
> > go into each invoice and set the tax status and then post each invoice.
> >
> > Does anyone have specific experience with this?
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > ​Curtis
> > __________________________
>
> Hi Curtis
>
> This appears to be a bug.  I just tested this myself with the same result.  Would you file a bug report for this please, https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash
>
> Just to check though, can you include a sample invoice line in the bug report.  Doesn't have to be real data as long as it's a representative sample.
>

> Mike Evans

Hi Again

No need to bother with bug report, I've tracked it down.  The documentation is wrong instead of 'y' in your CSV line (no quotes) put 'yes' (no quotes).

I'll change the docs and make the code deal with single letters as well.  Can't blame anyone but me for this.

Mike

--
Anti NSA?  Use PGP.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53