gnucash Setup multiple programs

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 4 03:21:47 EDT 2014

On Tue 3 June 14 16:51:06 davezub wrote:

> Would I setup an account for Soccer with income, expense, etc... and
> complete this for all programs? I will need to report on the entire council
> and individual programs.
>
> Income
> +--Soccer Income
> +--Dance Income
> Expenses
> +--Soccer Expenses
> +--Dance Expenses
>
> Or would some other hierarchy be more beneficial. THANKS!

Hi,

The structure you propose will certainly work to let you report on the
individual programmes and the whole council.

But it might be simpler at report-creation time if you have
Soccer
+---Income
+---Expenses
Dance
+---Income
+---Expenses

That way, you will reduce the mouse-clicking to select the individual reports,
as you can just go soccer->select children (more or less - can't remember the
button names)

Depends if you will have more than a few Income/Expense sub-accounts per
programme.

HTH
Maf.