How to setup Gnucash as a business software?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jun 4 10:33:06 EDT 2014

>I am not an accountant,but I believe if I figure out where everything goes
>it's just math in the end,and I learn fairly quickly.Is any of this
>possible or am I asking too much? Thank you.

Are you asking whether you COULD use gnucash for this as opposed to
purchasing a high cost package?

Yes, if understood this way. Pretend this was in the days before
computerized bookkeeping, the old days of pen and ink on paper. They
still ran businesses and kept books for them right? Of course everything
was manual entry, invoices produced manually, purchase orders, payroll,
etc. with transactions first entered in the journal and then posted to
the ledger.

You would know how to do this? (and all the work required)

OK, gnucash, all by itself can automate some of that for you. Even
without the "business features" part you have an "autoposting"
bookkeeping system <<errors during posting were a major headache of pen
and ink on paper days>> And can do the basic reports. Using business
features you will be able to automate some of the rest.

But you will be doing some stuff manually. Is that enough?

Michael D Novack