Trial Balance

CCAAT ccaat at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 17:53:07 EDT 2014

Hello gnucash,

I'm using 2.4.11 (on gentoo linux). After I get
everything happy, including the tax preparer, for 2013,
I'm going to upgrade to the latest stable release of gnucash.

Well, I think my trial balance report for 2013 is wrong. It shows
numbers from 2012 that I know for sure I have in 2012 and not
tax year 2012 (income from consulting for example. I did filter
by dates (1/1/13 to 12/31/13) but I still get numbers for 2012
included on the trial balance. The income statement report and the
balance sheet report for those dates are perfect. All the 2013 data
is in gnucash. I have saved, exited and reloaded the application
and I still get numbers from 2012 included on the trial balance.

Is that the (accounting) way the trial balance is suppose to work?
Or should 2013 be just a snapshot of 2013?   Is the trial balance report
a cumulative report by its definition?

confused and not an accountant.