gnucash-user Digest, Vol 135, Issue 6

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 13:15:31 EDT 2014

Thanks for the reply!

I've pursued that approach. When I use it on a cash account, it of course gives me the correct balance.
However, if I have an investment account with sub-accounts for each of the individual stocks, I see that
each of the stock accounts is valued with the most recently downloaded prices, rather than the last price on
or before the last reconciled date.

The result is that the value for the reconciled parent account continually changes after the last reconciled date,
so that it only really matches the statement if I haven't updated any security prices since the reconciliation.

This is very helpful as long as I enter the statement and reconcile before I do any updates of prices, but usually there's
several days lag between the statement date and the availability of the statement.

Now I'm fiddling around with the reporting feature to see if I can create a report that gives me what I want.