gnucash-user Digest, Vol 135, Issue 17

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 18 14:28:19 EDT 2014

Glenn Bergmann <gnebergie at gmail.com> writes:

> Ref Message 2:  Subject: Re: Downloading Stock Prices - Finance::Quote
> Problems
>
> Questions regarding the use of Finance::Quote are asked frequently.  I had
> the same problem several years ago when I first started using gnuCash.  I
> resolved the issue.  But for the past year it has not worked and I haven't
> found a way to fix it in spite of all the suggestions that have been made.
>
> Can the problem be resolved by having the gnuCash install program also load
> whatever is necessary to make Finance::Quote function properly?  It could
> eliminate future inquiries.

What OS/Distro are you using?

In general re-running the F::Q installer fixes most issues.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that F::Q works by scraping the
screens of websites that offer financial data.   Whenever those websites
change (e.g. yahoo) then F::Q requires an update to be able to access
the new website screens.  This tends to happen once a year or so.  Alas,
there is nothing we in the GnuCash team can do to fix this.