Expense Report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 23 00:36:43 EDT 2014

Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm still using 2.4.13 and I'm needing to create a report to show the
> amount of a few expenses.... for  specific time period.
>
> These accounts are Expenses:Dining and Expenses:General spending
>
> I don't really want a pie chart or bar graph.... I would prefer the
> transactions listed with the end balance added up at the bottom. (for some
> reason the transaction report WILL not work/run)

What happens if you use the transaction report?  When you first run it,
yes, it comes up empty until you edit the report options and set up the
accounts you want.

> Any thoughts....  I can't upgrade just yet to 2.6, but that seems like it
> would be the fix.
>

> I would like to see balances for credit cards accounts also....

I'm not sure what report you're looking for, or why you think you need
to print out this information.

Balances are available via the Account Summary Report.  That will give
you all your account balances.

For the individual accounts, you have two options:

1) the transaction report.
2) open the register, use the View -> Filter By options to limit the
date range to your desired range, and then you can use the Account
Report from that register.

> Thanks,
>
> dennis

Hope this helps,