Advance Porfolio - Can not Receive Investment Quotes

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Mon Jun 23 16:08:37 EDT 2014

On 6/23/2014 2:04 AM, Richard Lindgren wrote:
> Well I did as you have suggested and I now get the message that the
> "Finance::Quote" was not installed correctly. I've searching for that
> solution to no avail! Need help here. Thanks
>
> Richard
>

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Richard Lindgren
> <rlindgren74 at gmail.com <mailto:rlindgren74 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for that information. I'm going to see if that works. I'll
>     keep you posted. Have a Great Day!
>
>     On Jun 21, 2014 4:19 PM, "nvsoar" <nvsoar at charter.net
>     <mailto:nvsoar at charter.net>> wrote:
>
>         On 6/21/2014 3:23 AM, Richard Lindgren wrote:
>
>             I uninstalled 2.6.3 and re installed 2.4.15. I then opened
>             up a previous
>             file that I know worked and it still didn't work. Am I
>             being plagued with
>             Yahoo changing their software? Could my re installation of
>             Windows 7 be
>             blocking this feature?
>
>             Need help, thanks.
>
>             Richard
>
>         FWIW - When I run into a situation like this I use the REVO
>         uninstaller at the maximum level to remove the program at
>         issue, and then reinstall a known good install program (ie one
>         that passes an MD5Sum check or equivalent) by right clicking
>         the install program and selecting 'run as administrator'.
>
>         Once installed there is an item in theGnuCash start menu
>         folder that, when selected, will Install Online Price
>         Retrieval.  Once installed the price retrieval function can be
>         setup and executed within GnuCash.
>
>         nvsoar

When you went to the GnuCash start menu folder did you right click on
the 'Install Online Price Retrieval' item and select 'install as
administrator'?  If not then give that a try.

If that doesn't work then read the many messages on this list addressing
this issue to learn the trouble shooting commands using a terminal, also
opened as an administrator.  Then posting the results to the user's list
may beget more specific assistance from those who are more knowledgeable.

nvsoar