Advance Porfolio - Can not Receive Investment Quotes

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:18:19 EDT 2014

["nvsoar" suggested uninstalling and reinstalling GnuCash then choosing
Install Online Price Retrieval. I lost track of the earlier discussion, so
I don't remember what else you have tried. It would help to trim your quote
and type your response below the quote when you reply.]

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Richard Lindgren <rlindgren74 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well I did as you have suggested and I now get the message that the
> "Finance::Quote" was not installed correctly. I've searching for that
> solution to no avail! Need help here. Thanks
>
> Richard

Did you try the suggestions in the GnuCash FAQ?

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F

You might also look through the rest of the FAQ to see if your other
problems are described there. (The wiki includes a separate FAQ for GnuCash
for Windows but I believe it may be outdated.)

There have been quite a few discussions regarding these same issues on the
email list the past few months, so if you use Google or another search
engine to search the list archives at
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/ you will probably see
several.