simple inventory transactions

Sean Wray a_s_wray at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:35:47 EDT 2014

Our inventory is quite simple as well and we buy to order in the same way as
you. What I do is when something is bought I put the amount to a stock
account under assets, when it is sold the amount goes to a Cost of Goods
Sold account as an expense. This happens at the same time an invoice is made
to the customer and means our purchases go to the expense account and our
stock shows zero. This may all happen at the same time if you buy and
invoice on the same day but it seems to keep the figures right for me.