Re: Configure: can’t find webkit-1.0

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jun 26 13:39:53 EDT 2014

On Jun 26, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Aymeric <ejisneos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to build GnuCash for Zenwalk GNU/Linux, a Slackware-based distro, but I’m stuck there:
>
> checking the html engine... webkit
> checking for webkit-1.0 >= "1.2"... no
> Package webkit-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `webkit-1.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'webkit-1.0' found
> configure: error: Library requirements (webkit-1.0 >= "1.2") not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> I have webkitgtk 2.2.5 installed, but it doesn’t work. I really don’t understand which version of webkit I should use to build GnuCash. Can you help me?

You most likely need to install whatever your distro names the webkit dev package. For debian it’s called libwebkitgtk-dev.

In particular, configure is running the command `pkg-config —modversion webkit-1.0` and expecting a response of 1.2.0 or greater; in Debian Jessie (the current testing branch), that returns ‘2.4.1’. It might help to search your package manager for the package which provides the file webkit-1.0.pc.

Regards,
John Ralls