Show generation date on report

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 10:44:29 EDT 2014

Hi David,

thanks for the hint, indeed I was not aware of this.

However, the time stamp is connected to the "Prepared by" and "Prepared
for" fields, so I cannot set to only show the date field.

What I have in mind is a footer like:

Report Created on: <current date>
Report Version <current report version>
GnuCash <current gnucash version>

All <current whatever> fields filled in automatically.

With that you can track exported report version for the reasons that
Michael already pointed out (changes of data after the report creation,
and then creating new versions), plus that you can get a hint why "all
of a sudden" a report behaviour unexpectedly changed by looking at the
report version or GnuCash version (plus that all who read the report
know the source of the report).

Correct me if I am wrong: Something in that direction is not possible to
setup with the given style sheets unless you put in manual work, is it?

Carsten