oPENING bALANCES

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 00:43:08 EDT 2014

Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:33:07 <53AD8EB3.2080105 at k-play.co.uk>  Scott
Kenworthy <scott.kenworthy at k-play.co.uk>

>Hi
>I have set up Euro and GBP accounts with Opening Balances.
>The system seems to have created an Opening Balances account and an
>Opening Balances - GBP account.

What is your base currency?  If you are in .uk you should have an
Opening Balances - NOT GBP (possibly Euro) and a plain Opening Balances
in your base currency (GBP here).

>Whilst the Opening Balances account based in Euros is correct, the
>Opening Balances account in GBP is back to front showing positives as
>negatives and vice versa.

Unlikely, GnuCash is double entry, y'see.

>Do you know a solution to this please?

If the double entry is wrong

Accounts Tab
Actions
Check & repair
Check & Repair all

will probably point out any error as you'll end up with Imbalance-GBP or
similar top level accounts.

--
Wm...