Reporting Transactions ?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Jun 28 04:44:18 EDT 2014

On Fri 27 June 14 16:37:34 Mike Stillingfleet wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> OK so I have been busy entering lots of data into GNU Cash. I now need
> to create some reports. I am finding the helps and tutorials and various
> postings on the web a bit confusing.
>
> I basically want to report all transactions that share a the same
> transaction number - i.e. I have used Transaction number to keep
> everything for a particular job together.
>
> I have have found how I can do a find to bring this data into a single
> search result. But of course what I want is for the data to be sub
> totalled by account.
>
> I and just not understanding the report options we have accounts to
> include then we have filters but the filters are just a repeat of the
> accounts, should the filters be stuff like date, transaction number, etc
> etc.
>
> Any help would be very welcome.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I think you need to use the Transaction report, and then play about with the
Primary Key (set to number) and Secondary Key (Set to other account name) and
Secondary Subtotal On.

The filter section lets you do such things as find out how much you spent on
just widgets and sprockets using your credit cards (Accounts = Credit Cards &
children; Filter By=Expenses:Widgets & Expenses:Sprockets, Filter Type=
include...)
This will exclude Checking -> Widgets and Credit Card -> thingamy-bobs.

HTH,
Maf.