"Simple" Backups & Restores.

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:22:15 EDT 2014

As Ken has already mentioned all you really need to do is copy your single
<filename>.gnucash data file to the new computer and open it there with
gnucash - nothing difficult about that :-)  It's a bit more complicated if
you have saved customised reports I think as you have to also find these
and copy them over.

If you're after exporting to other miscellaneous formats forget nabble and
go to the gnucash website - specifically
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_can_I_export_data.3F which covers
exporting to XSLT and various other formats.

Be careful about using the export option for XSL - as far as I recall it
only exports your accounts tree, no transaction data.  This also gives you
the option to export your file to anywhere on your pc that you care to
specify not just a hidden directory !!!

What version of gnucash are you using anyway - I'm not sure if there are
implications opening say an file created in 2.4.11 or there abouts with the
latest 2.6.3 - I seem to recall the .gnucash suffix use is fairly recent.

Cheers Dave H.