Can't get online quotes for some Fidelity/BlackRock investments

Andrew Kolbus andrew.kolbus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:13:51 EST 2014

Ken and John,
Thanks for your responses.  That's what I feared, but I was hoping that
maybe there was a way to get them through the Fidelity source, since it is
a Fidelity 401k.  That being said, when I use those symbols in Fidelity's
own "Get Quote" form, it reports the symbol as unknown.  I have also tried
google and yahoo finance to no avail, I'm not familiar with any other quote
providers, but it is probably not publicly available.  Looks like F::Q is
out of the question for this one.

That being said, by importing my QIF transaction data from Fidelity into
Gnucash, I am providing Gnucash with a price for the investment.  Can
Gnucash use this data as a price source when calculating the value of the
investment, rolling up, reporting, etc?

Regards,
Andrew