Reliability of Gnu Cash software

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Wed Mar 5 08:22:15 EST 2014

Richard,

I converted from Quicken 2007 on Mac to Gnucash in the last month, and I am
happy with the results.  The rounding errors I experienced in Quicken,
which caused accounts to not reconcile, are gone in GC.  Other issues, like
data export to csv format, were the reason I wanted to convert in the first
place.  I could not do this in Quicken.  I use Gnucash for my home
finances: bank, mortgage, stocks, mutual funds.  No business accounting.

While the conversion wasn't painless, the documentation is very good and
helped me thru the process.  Take the time to read the Guide and work thru
the examples before attempting any real data conversion.

Crashes or bugs encountered?  Zero so far for me..

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior Server System Administrator
Colby College,
4214 Mayflower Hill,