Finance::Quote version 1.27 Released

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Wed Mar 5 09:32:30 EST 2014

Hi,

I've released 1.27 of F::Q. It's on sourceforge and cpan. It might take
a few hours to be indexed though.

Here's what has been done:

Most important for Windows users : This version might solve the problem
with building the ppd for Activestate Perl 5.16. (I'm not sure till when
it will appear here: http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Finance-Quote//

Secondly, I'm pretty excited to announce the brand new retrieval method
called yahoo_json. This method gives the ability to retrieve a lot of
additional quotes from Yahoo by using the JSON interface. i.e. you can
now query for indexes as ^DJI or BEL20.BR etc. The JSON interface
returns less info than in the csv method, but most important stuff is in
there too.

I didn't decide on which aliases to be added to this new method. Perhaps
users will tell me when using it ;)

best
--
erik colson