Reliability of Gnu Cash software

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 10:03:53 EST 2014

I was a quickbooks user months before  it was released to the public.  five year ago I moved to the LInux Mint  desktop OS.  Over the years I tried different accounting programs that operate on Linux.  Once I took the time to learn GNU Cash only success to report.  I use the older version and it has bee rock solid.  FYI - the Linux distribution I use does not install any of the 2.6 versions.  I have 2.4.1.3 and it has been flawless.  There are some videos on youtube that are helpful.  I purchased the book and found it helpful.

Remember to "turn off" the auto save feature and perhaps make a test company to make initial changes, before implementing changes on the "master" file.

The plus of GNU Cash is that it follows basic accounting principles - In osme wasy it is better then Quickbooks - however the "printed" invoices are abvsolute crap.  I make my own.

Jack H.