Only Showed Assets Accounts in General Ledger

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Mar 5 10:41:03 EST 2014

Jenny Li wrote:

>Hi Ian,
>
>Your suggestion works again! Thank you again. I sent the report to the
>auditor and no negative feedback yet. So, I think I " past ".
>
>I do hope the software developer can improve this functions little bit.
>Although I do like this software lot, I still hope it can be little bit
>easier than today ;)
>
>Have a great day
>Jenny

I believe that at least SOME of the problems people are encountering is
caused by not being able to identify the report that they want to run in
order to show the data presented as they need it. The names of the
reports are not always intuitive. This is the old "manual" vs "user
guide" issue.

For example, if what the accountant wanted to see is "for some
accounting period (date range) for every account in the ledger (report
organized by account) show all the transactions for that account in date
order, possibly subtotaling by month and totaling for the accounting
period" what should I run?  I know the answer --- I was giving an
example question, but the point I am making with this is that perhaps
THIS is what Jenny was after.

Users, when you use some gnucash function and it doesn't produce the
results you want/expect, instead of (or at least in addition to) asking
for help how to make THAT function do what you want go back to the
beginning and tell us what you were trying to do (what data did you want
to see). Maybe we will then suggest some entirely different
function/report.

Michael