Bills showing for payment when they are already paid: gnucash 2.6.2

gdauk gilesdallen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:59:43 EST 2014

I'm using gnucash 2.6.2 and on startup I'm shown bills requiring payment that
have already been paid through the business vendor payment process.

Looking in the A/P register I see that for these payments there are no 'L'
or 'link' transactions.

These bills have been unposted and reposted so I think the links may get
broken if the bill is un-posted and are not automatically re-established
when the bill is reposted.

It appears that you can 're-link' these transactions by selecting the
appropriate payment entry in the A/P register and using the context menu
item 'Assign as Payment' to open the payment facility and select the bill
item for payment and make the link again.

My questions are:

1. Is using the 'assign as payment' option the right way to solve this
problem?

1. How do I deal with the situation where the link appears to have broken on
a bill that has an overpayment so when I go to 'assign as payment' there are
'pre-payments' showing that don't relate directly by value to any one
particular bill?

2. Is the appearance of these bills needing payment altho' they are actually
already paid a bug that will likely be fixed at some point in the future?

With thanks