Invoicing for a School

Kris ellsinore at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:26:34 EDT 2014

I'm no stranger to accounting concepts, but I'm having trouble wrapping
my head around how to set up GnuCash for our particular situation -- a
school that needs to invoice each month for tuition.

Many of our parents have more than one student enrolled, and each
student from one family gets a progressively discounted rate.  I tried
setting up each "student" as a "job," but other than creating a "job" I
can't find where you actually do anything with it after that?

Setting up each student as a separate "company" doesn't make much sense
-- sending multiple, separate invoices to each parent.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have a link to a "how-to?"
  Google comes up with a lot of hits for "student" and "school" -- but
they all seem to be about how GnuCash is a great free resource for
students and schools -- but not how to actually set it up for that use?

It's okay if you think I sound stupid -- I'm sure feeling that way right
about now.