OFX Connection GNUCash to Vanuard and Capital One 360

brushborder k.connors at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 11:48:56 EDT 2014

Hi,
I am a new gnucash user, and I am trying to setup online banking.  I am
having problems connecting in both Vanuard and Capital One 360.

Vangard:
I am able to get the account list, but not the balance or transations.  For
that it returns a 404 error as seen in log below:
---------------------------------------
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Locking user ***
Sending request...
Connecting to server...
Resolving hostname "vesnc.vanguard.com" ...
IP address is "192.175.191.161"
Connecting to "vesnc.vanguard.com"
Connected to "vesnc.vanguard.com"
Connected.
Sending message...
Message sent.
Waiting for response...
Receiving response...
HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)
Error parsing server response
Unlocking user ***
Postprocessing jobs
Resetting provider queues
---------------------------------------

A user had this problem sometime ago
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/OFX-connection-to-Vanguard-td1422521.html,
I have tried setting the HTML Version to 1.2.  I have no clue if that works
since every time I set it, it resets t 1.1. Any ideas on how to connect
and/or to get HTTP Version to save?

Capital One 360:
Also returns the account list, but again I cannot get balances or
transactions.  Here is the log:

---------------------------------------
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Locking user ****
Sending request...
Connecting to server...
Resolving hostname "ofx.capitalone360.com" ...
IP address is "199.15.190.151"
Connecting to "ofx.capitalone360.com"
Connected to "ofx.capitalone360.com"
Signer not found
Certificate is not trusted
Connected.
Sending message...
Message sent.
Waiting for response...
Receiving response...
HTTP-Status: 200 (OK)
Response received.
Disconnecting from server...
Disconnected.
Parsing response...
Parsing response
Status for signon request: Success (Code 0, severity "INFO")
The server successfully processed the request.
Status for transaction statement request: General error (Code 2000, severity
"ERROR")
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error code
2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is not
available.)
Unlocking user ***
Postprocessing jobs
Resetting provider queues