Problem installing Finance::Quote 1.27 SOLVED

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Mar 16 05:35:29 EDT 2014

Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> writes:

> I've also googled this but while there a many hits about people recommending turning off anti-virus while installing, there's not much in the way of real solutions.
>
> I've searched the anti virus logs but found nothing helpful.
> I've raised this with McAfee and maybe something useful will come from them.
>
> Is https://metacpan.org/release/Perl-Dist-Strawberry the appropriate place for this issue?

Hi Chris,

seems to be a pretty good place for starting. Also the fact I removed
some dependencies might have helped, but as you know I cannot test this
on Windows with AV software...

I've added a trial release to this post if you want tot test.. It will
install a version 1.28 on your system which is basically 1.27 with less
dependencies.

thx
--
erik colson