problem for getting on-line quote

Stephen Ni stephenni2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 22:25:31 EDT 2014

Hi Erik and John:
   Here is what I have tried
1)  uninstall ActiveState perl and then run "Install Online Quote Retrieval".  However, instead of installing Strawberry perl, it complains that it can not find a perl installation and exited
2) I tried to download Activestate Perl 5.14 by going to their website.  But it seems that since it is not the latest version, it is not free and I have to pay for it.  Do you know if there is another place online where it offers 5.14 download for free?

thanks

Stephen

On Monday, March 17, 2014 2:58 AM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

Stephen Ni <stephenni2000 at yahoo.com> writes:

> 1) I am currently using ActiveState perl 5.16.3 and gnucash 2.4.13 on
> window 7.  When I tried to run the "Install Online Quote Retrieval"
> command from GnuCash's Start menu folder, it only recognizes FQ v 1.18
> and only install that version
> 2) I tried to run ActiveState Perl package manager from the Start
> menu.  It shows FQ v1.18 installed.  It shows available version is
> also 1.18, and nothing else.  It does not give me any option to pick a
> different upgrade
> 3) I tried to delete ActiveState Perl 5.16.3, and only newer version
> from their website is 5.18.  After I download this version, its
> install version of FQ is still v1.18.  Again no option to upgrade to
> any new version of FQ
>
> What else can I try?

Hello,

ActiveState Perl 5.16 needs a change which ActiveState will probably do
in a few days (they have a pretty high workload for now).
As for now you should install version 5.14. Take a look at this link to
check which version of F::Q is currently packaged for different
ActiveState Perl versions.

best
--
erik colson