problem for getting on-line quote

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 18 23:42:01 EDT 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 7:25 PM, Stephen Ni <stephenni2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Erik and John:
>    Here is what I have tried
> 1)  uninstall ActiveState perl and then run "Install Online Quote Retrieval".  However, instead of installing Strawberry perl, it complains that it can not find a perl installation and exited
> 2) I tried to download Activestate Perl 5.14 by going to their website.  But it seems that since it is not the latest version, it is not free and I have to pay for it.  Do you know if there is another place online where it offers 5.14 download for free?

Hmm. What version of GnuCash? I think Geert added the Strawberry stuff sometime last year.

You could install Strawberry manually from http://strawberryperl.com/

If Install Online Quote Retrieval won't do the right thing, open a command shell, make sure that Strawberry Perl is on the path, and run c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-update.

Regards,
John Ralls