Reclassing Distributions as Retained Earnings

calebtrueblue caleb at calebhill.us
Fri Mar 21 01:38:19 EDT 2014

I was wrapping up my 2013 books and I want to reclass my distributions to
myself as retained earnings so that the distributions on my balance sheet
for the next year will only show that year. Anyways, there isn't a way to
work with the retained earnings account so the best way I found out to do
this was create a retained earning subaccount under equity and reclass it to
that account. Now I have a subaccount showing a ($11,000) and the Gnu
retained earnings showing $30,000, which is an annoyance. Any way around
this?