Quotes & Invoices

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Mar 22 11:17:20 EDT 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:37:44 -0400
Bob Brush 3 <bobbrush3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes it is needed and would be a very good thing :)

:-)

> Part of the reason it is so far down the list, is because the current
> work around isn't really as painful as originally thought.  With the
> implementation of the Invoice/Bill "copy" button it is easy to create
> an invoice, put "Quote" or "Estimate" in the notes box, when you
> print it says "Invoice in progress.." Then when making an actual
> invoice or bill you just hit the copy button and erase the note, post
> the invoice and it prints with out the progress note, and you still
> have the original if there are any questions about why the price
> changed or need to show original quantity verses final it's all there.

Well, I believe, that works in an ideal lifecycle of the quote. What
if the quote is cancelled/rejected, iow. not turned into invoice?

Then I need to create a new one and not mess counter for invoices
which means there should be two independant counters: one for quotes
and one for invoices.

Moreover, it's not that every invoices has appropriate quote, some are
just stand-alone quotes.

So, it seems not so simple workflow?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you
are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider

Thus the wise living entity's pure consciousness becomes covered by
his eternal enemy in the form of lust, which is never satisfied and
which burns like fire.