Quotes & Invoices

crafter pradesh at datacraft.co.za
Mon Mar 24 12:18:35 EDT 2014

Gour D. wrote
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 13:58:38 +0100
> Geert Janssens <

> janssens-geert@

> > wrote:
>
> Hello Geert,
>
>> - create a c application that calls the required gnucash functions
>> - use the guile bindings to do the same
>> - use the python bindings
>>
>> All three options allow you to initiate creation of an invoice from
>> external source. Unfortunately none of these approaches is well
>> documented.
>
> Do you envision that either of the above three options might be
> implemented in the next dev cycle?
>
> Gnucash is such a wonderful app and it does so much, but with the
> above, it would really provide complete business solution, at least,
> for small companies and/or freelancers.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

With you on that one, Gour

I came across the rest API, which is Python based here :
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/optional/python-bindings/example_scripts?order=name
<http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/optional/python-bindings/example_scripts?order=name>

I'm not a python developer, so my starting point might be a bit slow, but
it's certainly an option that might help to open up the system.

Regards
Pradesh