Runtime crash when running reports: Update with event view error report

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Mar 27 04:12:11 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 26 March 2014 20:01:38 Mike Alexander wrote:
> --On March 26, 2014 12:58:47 PM -0700 Dorothy Freeman
>
> <dfreeman at pacbell.net> wrote:
> > I have completed all the updates to the Runtime c++ library with no
> > change.  Reports still crash.
> > We're trying to use GnuCash for a non-profit and need to keep costs
> > low.  Without the reports option the program is of no use to us.
> > Help would be appreciated.
>
> There is not enough information here for anyone to know what the real
> problem is.  All this says is that GnuCash crashed somewhere in Guile,
> which given that Guile is used to produce reports isn't very
> informative.  We need at least a Guile stack trace and perhaps a C
> stack trace to help.  I don't use Windows and have no idea how to get
> either of these.  If you can find where GnuCash put its console
> output, there might be a Guile stack trace there.  Sorry I can't be
> of more help.

Usually when a report causes problems you can find more details in the trace file that gets
written by GnuCash. How to obtain this trace file can be found here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

> Do all reports crash, or just some?  Could you be running into the bug
> fixed in <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/a48e656e>?  I
> haven't seen this crash myself, but it caused very large reports to
> crash.
This is unlikely the issue on Windows. The bug you refer to only affected builds with guile 2.
The windows build is still using guile 1.8.

Geert