Runtime crash when running reports: Update with event view error report

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Mar 26 20:01:38 EDT 2014

--On March 26, 2014 12:58:47 PM -0700 Dorothy Freeman
<dfreeman at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have completed all the updates to the Runtime c++ library with no
> change.  Reports still crash.
> We're trying to use GnuCash for a non-profit and need to keep costs
> low.  Without the reports option the program is of no use to us.
> Help would be appreciated.

There is not enough information here for anyone to know what the real
problem is.  All this says is that GnuCash crashed somewhere in Guile,
which given that Guile is used to produce reports isn't very
informative.  We need at least a Guile stack trace and perhaps a C
stack trace to help.  I don't use Windows and have no idea how to get
either of these.  If you can find where GnuCash put its console output,
there might be a Guile stack trace there.  Sorry I can't be of more
help.

Do all reports crash, or just some?  Could you be running into the bug
fixed in <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/a48e656e>?  I
haven't seen this crash myself, but it caused very large reports to
crash.

            Mike