Runtime crash when running reports: Update with event view error report

Dorothy Freeman dfreeman at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 26 15:58:47 EDT 2014

I have completed all the updates to the Runtime c++ library with no
change.  Reports still crash.
We're trying to use GnuCash for a non-profit and need to keep costs
low.  Without the reports option the program is of no use to
us.  Help would be appreciated.
Dorothy

Information from the Win7 Event Viewer error event
Faulting application name: gnucash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x5313c62d
Faulting module name: libguile.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53134445
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00077016
Faulting process id: 0x66c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf47a62d761195
Faulting application path: C:\GnuCash_V262\bin\gnucash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\GnuCash_V262\bin\libguile.dll
Report Id: 296bd648-b3d5-11e3-b6f5-835c25bf9588
-
System
-
Provider
[ Name]
Application Error
-
EventID
1000
[ Qualifiers]
0
Level
2
Task
100
Keywords
0x80000000000000
-
TimeCreated
[ SystemTime]
2014-03-25T04:23:06.000000000Z
EventRecordID
28940
Channel
Application
Computer
Minnie
Security
-
EventData
gnucash.exe
0.0.0.0
5313c62d
libguile.dll
0.0.0.0
53134445
40000015
00077016
66c
01cf47a62d761195
C:\GnuCash_V262\bin\gnucash.exe
C:\GnuCash_V262\bin\libguile.dll
296bd648-b3d5-11e3-b6f5-835c25bf9588

Original Report:   Didn't get an email to update from

Starting with V2.6.2 on Win7.   I am working through the tutorial to
the spot where you do a report.  Everything works fine to this
point.  When I run the report I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Library error report.
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way......"  GnuCash then closes with the following
information about the crash.  To get the program to start correctly
again I remove the .lck file.
Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH
    Application Name:    gnucash.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:       52e5ffd6
    Fault Module Name:   libguile.dll
    Fault Module Version:        0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:      52e57e4c
    Exception Code:      40000015
    Exception Offset:    00077016
    OS Version:  6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID:   1033
    Additional Information 1:    8af3
    Additional Information 2:    8af3263bb663f3dff77db12682dcb2ac
    Additional Information 3:    4df2
    Additional Information 4:    4df2bad07cfe52b9448c1ab7a581a5b3

I have tried to research the problem but found no solutions.  I
downgraded back to V2.6.1 but the problem remains.  I have tried
several different reports and with several of the different practice
files and the problem exists on each one so problem is not file specific.

Dorothy