Maybe the last advanced portfolio update for now

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 18:09:54 EDT 2014

--On March 26, 2014 10:12:21 PM -0500 Alun Champion
<alun at achampion.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your effort to improve the advanced portfolio.
> If you ever get back to looking at it, I've found one area that
> challenges the report, and that is shorting a stock. It confuses the
> sell as a close transaction vs. a open transaction and it correctly
> assigns realised gains and a zero cost basis and an indeterminate RoG
> and RoR.

I'm not surprised that doesn't work.  If you don't mind could you file
a bug report for this so it doesn't get forgotten.  I doubt if I'll
have time to work on it soon and I don't really understand how the
report should handle this anyway.  See
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla> for information on filing bug
reports.

            Mike