reports without decimals?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Mar 28 12:32:06 EDT 2014

On Fri 28 March 14 08:43:47 Trizi wrote:
> I'm finding this divergence in comprehension peculiar … just goes to show
> that the Chinese Whisper Game works in print too!
>
> No one is asking for a change to rounding in the transactions.  What I - and
> the others - are looking for is /on a report./  Not in the transactions.
>
> I'll give you a concrete example - the balance sheet report.
>
> *What we want is this: *
> 	1. Put your transactions in - decimals and all - this is fine just the
way
> Gnucash does it.
> 	2. Run the Balance Sheet report.  Let's pretend  Cash = $23,233.45.
> 	3. Select Options --> set rounding & decimal places to "0"  /(this is the
> functionality that is missing)./
> 	4. See the report with all the decimals rounded and no dollars and cents.
> So it becomes  Cash = $23,233

Hi Trizi.

What happens to $233.99?

In the UK, if that is income, it rounds down.  if expense it rounds up.

What happens if you have one "category" income of 123.90 and one of 345.99.
do your tax authorities want a total income figure of 468,  469 or 470.  that
sort of cumulative rounding can become significant depending when you round.

And it probably varies from country to country.  Personally, I work in
pounds/pence and just format off the pence right at the end. YMMV, of course.

Oh, (this is just my 0.02.) this is a thread from nearly 2 years ago.  maybe
it would have been better to start a new thread and refer back to the
historical one?

HTH,
Maf.