Problem with overpaid invoice

Ulrike Fischer gnucash at nililand.de
Sat Mar 29 12:15:20 EDT 2014

A customer paid two invoices in one bank transaction.

When entering this transaction I selected the first invoice as
gnucash claimed that an overpayment would be assigned to the next
invoice (what I wanted).

But now only the first invoice is marked as paid. In the report of
"open invoices" the customer is listed with a dept of 0€. And when I
click on "process payment" for this customer gnucash shows me two
choices: The open invoice and advance payment.

How can I tell gnucash to link the advance payment to the open
invoice and mark this invoice as payed?

I'm using gnucash 2.6.2 on windows 7. I'm using the xml-backend. So
if it should be necessary to manipulate the xml to correct the
problem: I don't mind to do it.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/