2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Ronal Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Thu May 1 12:31:20 EDT 2014

On 05/01/2014 09:35 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 1 May 2014 16:25, Ronal Morse <ron at morsehouse.com> wrote:
>> I reported previously that the remove>purge>reinstall the getdeb package of
>> 2.6.3 had resolved the application hang on closing problem with Ubuntu 14.4
>> 64-bit on my computer. That was true until last night when the problem
>> manifest again.
>>
>> I installed the Gnucash package from the repository for the next version of
>> Ubuntu (14.10) this morning.  It has worked well through five open/close
>> cycles, some transaction downloads, a security price update and the printing
>> of a couple of reports. I don't know if it has fully resolved the problem
>> (won't make that leap, again) but so far so good...
> [snip]
>
> Personally I think it is easier just to build from source yourself.
>
> Colin

Normally, Colin, I'd agree with you, but this particular box isn't set
up with all the build tools required to do that, and I'd wager most of
the Ubuntu users on this list aren't set up to do builds from source,
either.  That doesn't mean they shouldn't be, and I'm going to fix this
one as soon as I get the round tuit, but in the meantime I'm hopeful
about just pulling over the two files from the Utopic repository will
address the problem at hand.

RBM

--
/Hope is not a Plan/