Best way to manage utilities

Alberto Dante alberto.dante at gmail.com
Sat May 3 08:44:55 EDT 2014

Hi Peter,
as I replyed to Ian, I know and I have already lots of spreadsheets to
manage specific items, but I would have in Gnucash the global vision of
my Finance (and I would reduce the number of the spreadsheets).
In Italy pricing of utilities is similar to US I think, however very
complicate; but I'm not interested of this: I'd like simply to manage
with Gnucash the overall (two-monthly) bill amount, the quantity of
energy (kWh) and the average price unit (Euro/kWh) = bill amount /
quantity of energy, nothing else.

I understand that you suggest/prefer spreadsheets to to this.
But I think is not harm to modify existing (double) accounts, to give to
the users more flexibility.

Anyway, I'm only a beginner, and your opinion maybe is most important
for the community and the developers.
Thanks for your suggestions
Alberto