gnucash-user Digest, Vol 134, Issue 6

Jim Muchow jamesdmuchow at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:08:42 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM,  <gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org> wrote:

> From: Kevin Rutherford <kevin at rutherford-software.com>
> Subject: Gnucash upgrade not working

I performed the very same upgrade, but in my case, that progress
bar you see after reading in User Data went crazy bouncing back
and forth at a rapid clip. After a long-ish period, 10, 20? seconds,
the accounts were displayed. Everything seemed to be OK, the
accounts were all there and the numbers matched what I thought
they should be.

I had another copy of my accounts file, so I wasn't hesitant
about experimenting. I guess I assumed that new version of
GnuCash might need to upgrade the accounts file. I performed
no transactions, well, a dummy one to set the "needs to save"
flag that"un-grays" that save button. Then I saved the file and
restarted.

No problems since. So far anyway. YMMV.