icon text

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 5 00:18:10 EDT 2014

On May 4, 2014, at 3:02 PM, Brian M. Sutin <gnucash2 at skewray.com> wrote:

> The customization for my distro (Lubuntu) is to have a toolbar style of
> "Text Beside Icons".  It appears to only work for the Sve and Close icons.
> If I set the customization to "Text Only", then all the icons become text
> only.  Setting it to "Text Below Icons" works as well.  I therefore conclude
> that Gnucash has a bug regarding "Text Beside Icons".

I wasn't aware of that option at all. To be sure that I understand the problem, you use the Lubuntu configuration tool to set "Text Only", "Text Below Icons" and "Icons Only" and the effect is immediate, but if you set "Text beside Icons", you must shut down and restart GnuCash for the setting to take effect.

> I have also noticed that my accounts used to be sorted by account code.
> If I re-sort them and hide the account column, this works temporarily, but
> Gnucash forgets the sorting next time I run it.  This is new behaviour to me.

That's a bug that was fixed in IIRC 2.6.2. Unfortunately Ubuntu chose 2.6.1 for their 1404 package. Colin has in the last week or so offered a couple of ways to get 2.6.3 running on Ubuntu 1304 elsewhere on the list.

Regards,
John Ralls