2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 22:07:41 EDT 2014

It is your fault for you problems.
I use a Ubuntu derivative distribution (Linux Mint 32 bit mate) and have had zero problems.

The package manager and all the regular resources wants to install 2.4.13.
However "you" decided to do your own installation and not the recommended one.
So why is it Ububtu's fault when they install GC 2.4.13 as default?

On Monday, May 12, 2014 5:17 PM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello Tommy.
>
> I would have thought the 'freeze' on exit would constitute an SRU simply
> because it affects other apps/OS.
>
> The last thing Ubuntu want to do is create a tons of support calls due to
> OS
> reboots.

I have not seen this. Have you seen a bug report I can point to?
Alternatively, can you write up a test case (series of steps) that reliably
locks up GnuCash 2.6.1 on Ubuntu 14.04?