QWIN number?

incoming-gnucash at sabot.com incoming-gnucash at sabot.com
Fri May 16 10:01:36 EDT 2014

I'm on Xubuntu Precise, with gnucash 2.6.3 added from getdeb, but
stock aqbanking (which according to "dpkg -l | grep aqb" is 5.0.22-1)

When I set up gnucash to download online credit card transactions, at
one point the setup asked about which version of quicken to emulate.
The most modern choice at the top is quicken 2011, and picking that
prefills QWIN 1900 (and header version 102).  I know that if you
actually are running quicken, the 2011 version is being sunsetted so
downloads will stop working, and I was concerned that I'd hit problems
as a result, so I manually typed in "2200" hoping that corresponded to
quicken 2013.  It seems to be working fine.

Am I right to worry that the sunsetting is enforced on the bank server
side (software supplied by intuit?), so that over time I'll need to
bump up the QWIN to always keep it in the current 3 year window?

Alternatively, is the enforcement not done on the server side and in
fact using the quicken 2011 = 1900 the software defaulted too is
preferable: Perhaps telling the server you are a newer version can
results it in downloading some new stuff as intuit updates some
quicken specific "QFX" api stuff that is not expected in the OFX that
gnucash + libaqbanking can handle, while naming something old like
Quicken 2011 will continue to work smoothly?

Thanks.

--gary