QWIN number?

incoming-gnucash at sabot.com incoming-gnucash at sabot.com
Wed May 21 06:43:21 EDT 2014

   To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
   from: incoming-gnucash at sabot.com
   Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 10:01:36 -0400
   Subject: QWIN number?

   I'm on Xubuntu Precise, with gnucash 2.6.3 added from getdeb, but
   stock aqbanking (which according to "dpkg -l | grep aqb" is 5.0.22-1)

   When I set up gnucash to download online credit card transactions, at
   one point the setup asked about which version of quicken to emulate.
   The most modern choice at the top is quicken 2011, and picking that
   prefills QWIN 1900 (and header version 102).  I know that if you
   actually are running quicken, the 2011 version is being sunsetted so
   downloads will stop working, and I was concerned that I'd hit problems
   as a result, so I manually typed in "2200" hoping that corresponded to
   quicken 2013.  It seems to be working fine.

   Am I right to worry that the sunsetting is enforced on the bank server
   side (software supplied by intuit?), so that over time I'll need to
   bump up the QWIN to always keep it in the current 3 year window?

   Alternatively, is the enforcement not done on the server side and in
   fact using the quicken 2011 = 1900 the software defaulted too is
   preferable: Perhaps telling the server you are a newer version can
   results it in downloading some new stuff as intuit updates some
   quicken specific "QFX" api stuff that is not expected in the OFX that
   gnucash + libaqbanking can handle, while naming something old like
   Quicken 2011 will continue to work smoothly?

   Thanks.

   --gary

Following up with some more info on this, I found this page:

  http://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/appid-appver/

It is a note from someone with a somewhat parallel situation: They are
downloading transactions with python for use with microsoft money.
They don't say that they specifically ran into a problem emulating an
old quicken (nor do they hit any incompatibilities by specifying a new
quicken).  They just say that quicken's sunsetting policy "implies"
that older QWIN values will eventually stop working, so they haven't
quite nailed down the answers I'm looking for.

However, the page does show a table with all the QWIN values for
various versions through quicken 2013, and they are indeed in a
straightforward sequence.

--gary