2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon May 19 16:40:33 EDT 2014

Just a couple of updates on the original topic of this thread:

1) As others have noted, the getdeb package 1:2.6.3-1~getdeb3~saucy
for amd64 Ubuntu 14.04 crashes on exit. I just installed it on a
newly-upgraded 14.04 system and confirmed it (despite purging and
other suggested remedies), so I reported the crash to the getdeb
"package ninjas," and Christoph Korn wrote back confirming the crash.
Christoph had me install gnucash-dbg and dbg (gnu debugger) and to
confirm he and I are seeing the same crash. SO that package may get
updated once he determines the cause.

2) I volunteered to collect information to prepare to open a SRU
request to update Ubuntu 14.04 with GnuCash 2.6.3, and I assembled a
list of bugs and hopefully at least one of them will be easy to test.
I will create a separate thread on the gnucash-user list for the SRU
soon. If someone else -- especially someone with more technical
expertise -- has started that process, too, feel free to write me
off-list and I will share what I have.

(I remembered a serious issue with transactions being hidden or not
editable in a 2.6.x version BUT after a lot of searching I think I
found it and it was fixed in 2.6.1 -- bugzilla #721290. SO unless I am
mistaken it's not relevant to this proposed SRU.)