2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 22:32:49 EDT 2014

I just installed Linux Mint.  I also wanted to use the latest version of GC and used a separate computer for testing.
Here is the deal.
If you visit the official website for GNU Cash it tells you to use the Ubuntu Package Manager.
Guess what it will install a specific version of GNU Cash.
I attempted to install a newer version in terminal and it installed the one that the OS uses - not the latest one.
To reiterate the official GNU Cash website says to use the Ubuntu installation,
Just follow the GNU Cash website instructions.