New to Gnucash - Problem with QIF Import

William Lugg luggw1 at elpasotel.net
Sun May 25 19:12:50 EDT 2014

I'm new to using GnuCash, but find I like it so far.  However I am
having a problem with the QIF import tool.  I have imported some initial
data, which Gnucash automatically marked as reconciled for me and then I
entered some checks in the "register" manually.  Today, I imported
another QIF from our bank that contained those checks that I had
entered, but when it got to the point of listing possible matches, it
didn't reach far enough back in time to get three of the checks that it
needed to display.

FWIW, the checks were written on 4/12. 4/24, 5/10, and 5/15.  They all
cleared on 5/21 and all are for the same amount of money.  the Duplicate
transaction dialog only displayed the check from 5/15 as a possible
match.  All the listed checks are marked as unreconciled.
Interestingly, it listed one reconciled check as a possible match, which
seems strange to me.  At any rate, how can I get the importer to list
the other three checks as possible matches so that I can select them as
matches for the other three checks?

Thanks for helping the newby out,
Bill Lugg