2.4.1 depreciation basics

CCAAT ccaat at tampabay.rr.com
Sun May 25 16:02:23 EDT 2014

OK

So I performing my first straight line depreciation. Bought
a truck, Wrote 2 checks a few weeks apart for it
5K for the truck, 668.62 for the taxes. Accountants
says to do 60 month straight line

math is 94.47 for 59 months and 94.89 for the 60th month.

The 2 checks were first entered into the checkbook register
as they occurred. I followed the depreciation example given
in the  Ramachandran book (version 2.4) on page 159.

After I was done creating the truck depreciation account for
5668.62 and manually put 3 months into depreciation for oct,
nov and dec 2013, the check book register combined the checks
as a single entry on the check book register.

Advice or and explanation  or better yet a documented example of
what to do so I can follow it wold be appreciated.

James