QIF Import Fails

Keith Bates keith at new-life.org.au
Wed May 28 23:51:13 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to import into gnucash a quite large QIF produced by moneydance.
There are several thousand transaction in this file. I have already transferred
three smaller files successfully.

With this file I get the error "Transaction amount: Unrecognized or
inconsistent format.

As there is only one instance of the error, I'm hoping that there is only one
transaction involved.

I've used moneydance to export the file as a CSV then used Libre Office to open
this in a spreadsheet.  I searched the transaction amount to see if there were
any non-numerical characters there, as this had been one problem someone had
had.

Now I'm stuck. What else should I be looking for? How should I search for this
needle in a haystack?

--
Keith Bates
New Life Christian Fellowship